St John’s church in Radlett has formally re-opened following a major building project.

The new church building was officially dedicated and licensed by the Bishop of St Albans at a special service on Sunday 15 October, in the presence of the Deputy Lord Lieutenant, Councillors and other dignitaries.

In 1953, the original St John’s building was dedicated to serve the growing community, including returning service personnel and their families following the Second World War. Lady Phillimore generously donated land on Gills Hill Lane where the church was built in memory of Archbishop William Temple.

Over the past two years the site has been completely rebuilt to provide a modern, state of the art facility to serve not only the church but also the wider community of Radlett. As well as a large church, the new building also contains a separate hall and kitchen. The main worship space will be used not only for services, but also for hosting community groups, social events, and other gatherings.